Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Monday, March 14, 2011

Meeting a fellow cancer patient

I met with a girl today who was referred to me to share our cancer journey. We texted a few times, and talked twice on the phone, but today we met over coffee. There we both were sharing the  journey..the fears, the loss of weight, eye lashes, eyebrows, and for her... hair. She is a 36 year old breast cancer patient. A double masectomy and chemo, now it's ovaries to be removed and a wait see for reconstructive. We both said it all happens way too fast for any person to take. The meltdowns we shared and the hope to survive it all we prayed for..all so similar. Cancer you are an ass! This week I am receiving white blood cell count shots..to get me amped up for the last one!!!!!!Next week.
Thank you God for my life today!

No comments:

Post a Comment