Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Done! Done ! Done!

I have never learned more about life than in this journey of cancer. I use to think being a Radio deejay taught me everything about life..dealing with the Program Director's egos, and the firings and trying to rejuvenate my career after being let go...but this cancer journey has been something else. Beautiful friends and families, and well wishers. Those that drove me to treatments will NEVER be forgotten and it was they that kept me going. Oh how I wanted to quit and I would cry so often because of the way I felt from the side effects, or seeing other cancer patients at the clinic...The disease is wrong. Horrible. Sucks, not fair...but again I have new eyes now...I think it will last. I hope to be able to help someone else in this situation. The compassion I feel for those who went through it, is so deep now. The compassion I feel for someone who says"My Mom or Dad went through it" I get it. I know it. Somebody told me one day I can thank my cancer...and there is a small part of me that hears myself saying "thank you cancer, you taught me to be strong and appreciate life in a new way" Today I turned in my pump. My little fanny pack full of the chemo drug, that put chemo in  my body for 48 hours after the infusion..I am done! done! done....I have one more hurdle to go over and thats a PET scan and blood test in a few weeks. That will tell all. The cancer must be gone..one measley lymph node invaded, it HAS to be gone. All I can say at this point is "Dear God Thank You for my life!"

1 comment:

  1. Dear God......thank you for being the God of all comfort to Trish! Thank you for her beautiful life, her loving ways and her passion that grows daily! We love you!!! Denise & Mark

    ReplyDelete