Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy? You Betcha!

I did it! I had my last chemo today..it has been one tough journey as you know. From day one I tried to bargain with the Oncologist, I didn't want chemo.  Throughout the treatment I still didn't want it. My body was sick with symptoms every single day. I dreaded going through the day with all the nuisance, but I have to say I talked to God everyday trying to find out why he would give me this...I must have to be the messenger...Please if you are 50+ get a colonoscopy, and if your parents had cancers or other ancestors, look into it. I thought "No way, I eat healthy, I love my work, I can't get this" Even though every generation before me had cancer. Unfortunately it is genetic for me and now my dear son has a 50/50 chance of carrying my gene. Breaks my heart,but preventative we will go. When he is 20 I will encourage the DNA test, and we will go from there. I can't thank my blogger readers enough for following me on this journey, the well wishers, the prayers, those that drove me to and from chemo infusions, my childhood girlfriends and friends that just stepped up to the plate for me.Words can never explain my gratitude. Most of all I really have to step back and thank God. Despite me not understanding this, he kept whispering in my ears "trust and patience"...and now today while sitting in the Doctors office with all my drip bags of chemo hanging on its roller, I was alone in the chair, and I said "God give me one more of your words of advice, help me now". I swear it was quiet and I heard the words "stillness and be humble" So I go with that, I will savor the quiet times and be humbled by this experience and believe me, I am. So, as I close for tonight for a good night's sleep, all I can say is....Thank you God for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment