Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I played racquetball today

The sport I love. The sport so many times  I competed in, racquetball was affected by my chemo side effects. My feet were painfully numb as I ran about the court. My hand gripped the racquet harder than it's ever gripped it before. But I played 3 games. I did it!While warming up and stretching I felt the tingling sensations up to my knees and my heart sank. It felt as though I was handicapped. I had the fleeting thought of "am I done with racquetball because of damn cancer and it's disgusting chemo side effects?" I had to push through, and I did. I found myself playing a very mental game, each shot was thought out, because I couldn't run after every ball because I was scared to make a sudden turn, afraid my foot would give out. There's this feeling of sadness yet there is also a huge feeling of joy for playing the game. I can only take my journey one day at  a time. I have no other choice. I can't hang up my racquet forever, I just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment