Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Freedom" were the words I whispered when the bandage came off

Today was post op appointment after having the port removed. I FINALLY looked at the spot and slowly peeled off the band aid. It's a small scar. I just smiled at it...and said to myself, "freedom". There was the spot where the chemo made it's way into my body. Argh!! What an insane story...so when I showered and dressed to get ready to see the GI Surgeon, it didn't feel like it was Me doing what I was doing. When does the dream ever stop? So incredibly insane the whole journey....as I am driving my cellphone rings and I see a Santa Cruz number...it is my wild and crazy friend from back in the day...Pete. I haven't heard from him in a decade.  He saw my article in the paper. The great story Ben Fong Torres wrote about my wild radio voice over ride. He was so proud....and all i could think was how wonderful to have a longtime friend call. He never married, a handsome bachelor that works his tail off in carpentry for 6 months and then takes off to travel. He's seen 147 countries. We shared the same thoughts of "doing what you love". Life is just too damn unpredictable to not do what you love. I had a great morning on the microphone and came home to more voice work. It was a good day afterall. I reconnected with another that had seen the article, David, and we shared more. Humans are all so similar and yet we all seem so different when we stay so guarded. When we open up we really have more in common than we realize, its funny...I pray tomorrow is just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment