Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Died, Passed Away, Passed, Death.......Funerals and Memorial Services

I cannot believe since November I have been to 5 memorial services....one motorcycle death, one teen overdose, 2 cancers and one of natural causes.What the heck is this about? I think for me... to appreciate living. It just has to be...life is so damn precious, I just hope all who read this who are healthy place those two feet on your floor after rolling out of bed each morning and say "Thank you for my life" I am a bit floored at the realization of it all.
I went to Stanford Friday for my follow up to my gene testing..oh to have to go there! Every person sitting in the lobby is battling a form of cancer..the masked faces, the yellow skin, the skinny bodies..it is so overwhelming to me.It is not a pleasant site, believe me. The genetic researchers and Oncologist gave me my "to do" list..colonoscopies every year, endo scopy every 2 years to check my stomach, as Lynch Syndrome gene carriers have to watch for stomach cancers...just great! Also have to do urinealysis testing annually, of course mamograms and paps...geeez what the hell? What the hell?
Monday it is number nine chemo..I pray it is smooth, last week just kicked my butt and I really have been weak for the past week! I need to discuss all these stupid symptoms.....Cancer you are an ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment