Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chemo side effects suck

I had number 8 yesterday! Just 4 more to go I have to hang in there, I just have to. I had my Mom buddy, Liz bring me, she was just the sweetest, before we went in she asked if she could pray for me, she took my gloved hands and held them and said the most beautiful prayer...giving me hope, take away my fears, pray for my son and husband...it was so special. She came in with me and they hooked me up. It all went so well...she stayed about an hour then left. I arranged for my childhood friend, Denise, to take me back home...it was so very special..if she only knew. It is so hard for me to ask for help....as I was about to leave I asked the nurse for something to drink...she gave me cold juice..with the 2nd sip my throut paralyzed..my tongue wouldn't let me speak words clearly, I was on the phone with a producer for an upcoming gig!!OMG...what could I do? The nurse was profusely sorry and gave me warm water...it's a another damn side effect of chemo. I barely walked out of there, and Denise drove me home with me slirring my words and I was so panicked. My voice is my money, my solace.I got in the house and sobbed....I was tired, hungry and there on my computer was 6 VO's to get out and one Agent audition...I couldn't take it, I had to get food and go to sleep...so this morning on the mic at 8am it was, and I cranked them all out and then more...my work keeps me busy, the chemo side effects suck!Screw you cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment