Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Thursday, December 2, 2010

the many cancer patients

I look accross the room as I am being infused with my chemo drug and I see the most saddest sites...the cancer patient with the sunken eyes and scarf on her head, battling ovarian cancer, the woman who survived colon cancer years ago but has lung cancer today, and the new lung cancer patient. It is disturbing, yet when I finally strike up a conversaton with them, they all have reached way down inside of themselves and have hope and courage and the fight to live. It is another one of my lessons. Yesterdays infusion number 5 kicked my butt. I couldn't believe how gnarley my body felt afterwards. I was wiped out. I sat there with my childhood friend, Marcia. If she only knew how incredibly special it was for me to have her there. Really how could anything be more special than that? A friend since we were 5 years old! I came home and worked my butt of recording voice overs, had dinner and was in bed by 7;30pm...but when I climbed into bed, I let it all out...I wept. I just asked God to hold me while I cried. I am not use to my body so beat up-I have been healthy all my life. But remembering those patients who I sat with during chemotherapy, keeps me going..if they can go on, so can I. Thank you for my life God.

No comments:

Post a Comment