Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

People are set before you for a reason

Gosh when I think of the past 4 chemo sessions I cannot believe how each time someone is sitting before me with a huge lesson.My first session was so emotional. When I  felt that needle inserted in the port in my chest, I broke down and cried. I spent 2 hours wiping tears streaming from my cheeks. I could  glance only once at the bag of chemicals dripping into my body. Jeff held my hand. There accross from me were 2 women, going through their 2nd diagnosis of cancer in their lifetime. They watched me cry and finally said "it's all okay we've been there" I did not feel so alone...when returning my pump on my 2nd session I sat next to a woman who looked so tired. She looked deep into my eyes and said "I don't know whats worse, having cancer or losing my 19 year old son in our house fire" I wept, and apologized to her for being such a baby whining over my treatments. I knew her story as I had read it in the newspaper..I was in disbelief. She ended up sitting with me in the infusion room and there she was telling me "it's all about our attitude to get through this" I was speechless. I then was infused another time, and found myself sitting accross from a man who was there as support for his cousin going through chemo. We talked of careers and life, and of course they were so intrigued by my wonderful career of voice overs. When I asked him his career, he responded "I've been an alcoholic for 50 years" What was he doing alive?!? He was here to help his cousin, and he's clean and sober now and proceeded to tell me he looks at everyday and everything in life as a miracle. The flowers blooming, the seasons changing, his new life. Again another lesson for me. Is this what this cancer diagnosis is all about? Me getting the lesson? Have I really taken life for granted? Have I held onto grudges? Is God trying to rattle my cage?....I really do not know but I do not take these people who have crossed my path for granted-nor wil I ever, from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment