Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Living with a cancer diagnosis

I praise God I knew to go after what I was most passionate about in life. I can see no other way to live on this planet. I started my career as a dental assistant, after 7 years I was bored..I loved music and it's magic and the emotion that can be created with it. I needed to do something with it....lucky for me to be working at a dental clinic at UC Santa Cruz. Every campus has a radio station....and my patient tipped me on their need to have a new voices on the radio...so I signed up..I was in absolute heaven presenting my weekly radio  show...combining all the feel good music I knew about. My dreams shifted to why not make a living out of it? So I distributed my air checks everywhere-and had dozens of rejection letters, but I knew I could break through somehow, and sure enough I did. I got hired on a commercial radio station, and from there my talents were perfected. I made it to SF doing mornings, afternoons evenings on every station you could think about in the bay area....I achieved my goal...but radio turned corporate and after as many firings as hiring's I transitioned to voice overs. I am successfully voicing, after years of training, building my home studio getting my agent and marketing. ....I am blessed, but I have been dealt a cancer card. Colon Cancer stage 3....chemo for 6 months, and my solace is voice overs. I will make it through this. But f for some reason I don't....I did what I wanted in life. If there is a lesson I can leave with anyone...please seek your passion and make a living from it...getting through a cancer diagnosis has been eased with doing what I love. I praise God for where he lead me to in my life..

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the lucky one's Trish! Not everyone gets to do what they are passionate about! God has given you the "desires of your heart" :))) Your life is a testimony of His love and grace . . . you are listening and we are learning through all that you have been through!! I want to THANK YOU and tell you that i LOVE YOU!!! BTW, i LOVE this picture of you :))))) You will do this my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete