Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Oncologist visit

It's another visit to the Oncologist. I don't even rememebr why I am going today..maybe it's a periodic check. I do know it is a horrible reminder of it all. I just started thinking about what I will see while there. The patients all hooked up to their chemo cocktails, the sunken faces, the unbelievable weightloss, the nurses giving their hearts and souls, the receptionist waiting for my money. The bills are utterly rediculous. I am constantly trying to put out fires for money owed. The medical card was suspensed from the flexible spending because I paid a bill and it had some services from last year on it. I was being responsible, saw the Doctors office bill so paid it. There were no explanations as to what it was all for, I just took care of it.The flexible spending people investigate and assume I was trying to pull a fast one on them..how the hell was I suppose to know that? So they've scolded me and said I can't use the card. It's a nightmare I am trying to untangle. Hundreds of thousands of dollars billed for my cancer journey. It's horribly stressful.
So it's time to get ready and face MY reality.....a cancer survivor's reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment