Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Wharf to Wharf race and all its meaning

I am so sore. My calves are stiff and my numb feet are as numb as ever, but I walked the race again. The Wharf to Wharf: from Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk wharf to the Capitola Wharf. This time it was with even more special friends....my childhood friend Marcia-and my cheerleader Cheryle.
Last July, 2 months afer surviving Uterine Cancer in May 2010 I walked. The anticipation when we started off was brewing, but as I passed under each balloon arch I knew I could do it. And when I crossed the finish line with my funny "Save the Va-Jay-Jay" shirt I cried. I was in disbelief...I was a cancer survivor! Little did I know that in August 2010 I would be diagnosed with Colon Cancer. Cheryle cheered me on saying we will go after the Wharf to Wharf in 2011 when my chemo was done. Scared for my feet, and scared to think I may have to call a cab-we did it anyway. Marcia, Cheryle and me!This time around I wore a "Cancer Vixen" bling studded shirt. I noticed the stares when people read it, what they didn't know was how incredibly grateful I was for being alive crossing that line. The pain of my numb feet was almost unbearable.I did this. It was huge. So today afterfinishing several voice overs I viewed the photos Marcia posted.....I am blessed. I am grateful, and I am still thanking God for my life today.

1 comment:

  1. As I have said so many times in this past year and a half...you, my friend, are amazing!! The Grace and Dignity you display as you still are bearing side effects from your treatments, blows my mind. You have made a believer out of me, that mind over matter are KEY to survival. I am so very proud of you!!! Keep on Truckin'Trish
    Love you to the end and back
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete