Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Monday, August 22, 2011

Leave it to church to put me at ease

Seems to work everytime. I rush to church, usually missing the first 15 minutes getting there just in time for the message. Not what I like to do, but Sundays are just not that easy for me to move quickly.
Once settled in, the topic seems to speak so close to home.The topic was Spiritual Urban Legends: A Valley Means A Wrong Turn" Hm-m-m....I certainly have been in a valley-but was it really a wrong turn? When I first was diagnosed with uterine cancer last year I thought...'did I deserve this because of my rotten unforgiving ways'? Deserve Cancer? As the message was explored it surfaced; not every valley is a result  of a wrong turn. Maybe I was suppose to be there. There to work it through. There to strengthen my faith. There to depend on friends and stop being "the determined to do it on my own chick".
That spiritual urban legend is a dangerous urban legend. The lessons were now about to begin with my cancer diagnosis...because it didn't stop there, 5 months later it was confirmed I now had colon cancer. Was the first to toughen me for the 2nd? Chemo was beyond anything I could have imagined. It woke me up psycologically and tore me down physically. It was my Valley...but it provided all the lessons I needed.
Yes I have slipped back into my old ways....ticked off at the ex and his stupid ass wife who broke our relationship up, angry at the radio program directors that fired me, intolerant of my husbands tuning me out.....but it takes a few seconds and I realize in my valley I learned what I was all about. So it wasn't a wrong turn, just a huge opportunity to make some changes. If I never make anymore progress in my growth-I did get that while in the valley. God intentionally brought me to that Valley. Wow Imagine that?

No comments:

Post a Comment