Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Monday, January 23, 2012

Holy Moly I can recognize a cancer patient anywhere

There I was sitting at my local breakfast shop and looked to my right and there was the man with a velvet beret on...I knew.It was confirmed when he told the waitress" I can't taste my food, I am going through chemo, and my wife was just diagnosed with breast cancer this past week, so she will probably experience the same"...I dreaded the thought of another person going through the journey. So as I am about to stand up, knowing i was going to wish him well, a woman walks by with the apparant wig. Holy moly we are everywhere! The ashy color of the skin, the hats of all styles, the wigs, the no eyelashes...stupid ass chemo and cancer!
It is so unfair.....So I talked with him, telling him I couldn't help but overhear his remark to the waitress. I told him I experienced the same-he held up the tabasco sause and said, "if I put this on food, I can taste it" I remember all too well resorting to dumping catchup on food to eat it. It is wrong, this disease.
Just a few days ago, I found out my radio colleagues boyfriend of 25 years is going through chemo and radiation and he is blogging and he is being funny about it all. He is truly amazing. Funny as hell actually...FredsHead, or something like that...Maybe I should be adding more comedy to my posts-I just don't find it funny. I spent most of my time, crying and swearing to myself each moment, I was going to lick the nasty disease. We all do it in our unique way...so now I wrap up the blog, and I am off to call my racquetball partner Gloria..she had her first dose of radiation today for breast cancer....Idiotic cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment