Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Eye Doctor has Eye Cancer The eye doctor has colon cancer

My eye doctor was on leave for a year.....and he came back. On my routine appointment I told him I was worried about him as I knew he was having eye issues. He tells me it was cancer behind his eye socket. An eye doctor with eye cancer?!What the hell is that about? I tell him about my uterine and colon cancer. We talked far beynd my eye appointment time. He was in disbelief. He tells me his friend and fellow eye doctor in town is battling colon cancer now. I knew what I needed to do....It's all so baffling to me. I knew where his office was, I knew the next time I popped in for my treat of a coffeeshop coffee I would walk by his office. I did. I popped my head in and asked him if he was the Eye Doctor. He was a bit guarded and answered yes. I could not say nothing...and said..."I am a Doctor Chan patient and heard of your health struggles, how you doing?".....He came out from behind the reception area window and sat in the waiting room and we talked and shared our story. He was an incredibly humble man. He went through it alone-no wife, no family, didn't even tell his aging Mom. It was incredible. He has a bag...for the rest of his life...what am i doing whining? I whine over my numb fingers, toes, feet and calves...yet he has a bag. I would be mortified. My learning never stops from this disease...never stops. I hope to visit him again and not make that one visit the only visit...they have to find a cure for this cancer...I have to make my annual appointment and I am thinking more and more I need to make Adam an appointment. That one scares the hell out of me......damn it scares me so deeply!

No comments:

Post a Comment