Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Celebration of Life

I attended the American Cancer Society Celebration of Life tonight.;It was my 2nd time. The speakers were great, Oncologist, Nutritionist, Therapist and Hope Hospice Chaplain...last year I was only 3 months out of chemo with a first time clear CT scan, this year I am one year out of chemo with another CT scan that was clear. I am celebrating life and I hope to celebrate many more. Theydid the birthday countdown...have everyone stand in the room and then ask, who is cancer free less than a year, a full year, and so on and so on...then we sit down when our anniversary date of survival is acknowledged...and believe it or not there was a woman with 50 years of being cancer free... There is hope! There are survivors celebrating their lives more and more.It is truly amazing, and it takes the focus off the disease and turns it on those surviving. But I hold my breath each year to get past those tests. I can only take care of myself nutritionally, physically and spiritually. I learned more tonight and realized I cannot be lazy, I must stay mindful on what my body went through, and take care of Me...I feel as though I need to turn over a new leaf again...I need to celebrate everyday I am a cancer survivor...Praise God.....and to top the evening, I booked a voice over I pitched for....I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment