Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Visits to Carla

So Adam graduated from high school last Friday, and we had a terrific party in our backyard on Sunday and now we are getting ready to start the college check off list....all part of life, all part of raising a child...and then there is all the other stuff in life...Success, failure, births, deaths, heartbreaks, love and Cancer. I visited Carla today at her chemo infusion appointment. Only my own cancer taught me this. I arrived and we laughed and talked and shared the journey. She expressed all the things I did...her fears, and ports, appetite changes,and hair falling out, waiting to end all the treatments so she can get back to normalcy...she asked me how soon after the chemo stopped did I feel good. it was great to reflect on that one...I was able to say, "almost immediately" How incredibly terific is that?!I do remember daily things were changing for the better. It was a blessing, and truly a gift from God. She is so sweet and has such a good attitude...but people said that about Me. What people don't know are the racing thoughts throughout the day or in the middle of the night laying in bed staring at the ceiling. It is all consuming....but all one can do is to love on the cancer patient, and let them talk and laugh and try to push through it all. Carla will push through. She is so vibrant and beautiful, I see no other ending for her story. I learn something from Carla everytime I see her. it is good for me to continue the visits. I'll be back to sit chairside in a few weeks and I can't wait to do it again. Thank you God for my life today, thank you God for Carla's life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment