Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Other People have been faced with death in other ways

Another life reality check today....I scheduled a session to record a kids voice for my audio ah biz and Mom shows up with her face partially paralyzed. I thought to myself, "is this bells palsy or is it a stroke"....we continued our session. When we were wrapping up I looked at her and said "is everything okay?"....and she proceeded to tell me 8 weeks ago on her way home from work on the local freeway she was in a near fatal wreck. Driving along and a car comes careening accross the highway and slams into her....her car flippd several times and it landed on it's hood. A teenager was driving wrecklessly, clipped another car which in turn careened accross the highway hitting Nancy. I was in shock. Her entire body was bruised and her left cheekbone crushed. With physical therapy she will heal...but there I was completely understandng what she must have been going through the past 8 weeks. I was able to ask her "mentally/emotionally how have you done?"....she said after about a week the reality of almost dying never seeing her little boy again and husband and family had her sobbing for days. I knew all too well what the emotional part was all about. It felt so real to be able to ask her this and actually understand it...I told her my last 12 months journey-but I found I didn't want to stay on me-I wanted to stay with the connection we had. Again my cancer has taught me a lesson. Compassion is now understood quickly. God presented it all to me. My cancer isn't the "all bad"....car wrecks and other illnesses, and disabilities are all bad too.  These people have been faced with whys and fears and tears and rage and lessons too. God puts this in front of us for good valid reasons. I need to get it again. I need to never forget. Maybe just maybe what my friend said to me while going through chemo "one day you will thank your cancer" that  may be slowly becoming true. Todays meeting with Nancy and her son Eli nudged me. I pray for Nancy's full recovery-she so deserves it. Angels watched over her.

No comments:

Post a Comment