Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Awaiting those annual cancer screening tests

So I am currently in contact with 2 girlfriends who have their annual tests coming up. Cancer survivors, like me. Cindy had uterine cancer and she is in for her MRI, Gloria had breast cancer and she is waiting for her mamogram results. My childhood friend Carla is going through treatment now for stomach cancer, my colleague Fred is writing a book about his cancer, and Me. I am ready to do my annual colonoscopy. I had the pap, and it was clear, had the mammogram and it was clear, but now the other. I picked up the concoction today...argh. The dreaded cleanser....so sickening, but it has to be done. The end of the month. Now;I sit around and wonder who I can ask to bring me or pick me up...I don't want to bother anyone I just want to get it done. Maybe I can drive myself and sneek out of there somehow...they won't let me do that. So I will proceed on and carry on with my daily duties...my voice overs. I have been steadily working on my freelance gigs. Auditioning for my Agent and haven't landed anything. It gets so damn discouraging, but then I have to stop the mind chatter and be grateful for the gigs I am doing, and I am, so I am not even going there with my Agent. I thank God I am doing what I love everyday.;It keeps my mind off the crazy stuff...within 3 days our son, our only child, my dear Adam,;moves into his college dorm. He aspires to play Football, Professionally. I, in no way, discourage him. Reach for the stars like me, like his dad...he's a kid with dreams and visions of playing for years. I am so excited for him, and now there's the realization we have done a huge part of our job as parents. The realization is bittersweet. He doesn't even know, as he is out everynight with his friends, his Mom is thinking about it all. Thinking about the job I did as a Mom, thinking about landing more voice over gigs, thinking about my upcoming test. Prayer Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment