Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How much pain can one really tolerate?

Sometimes I think this nueropathy from my chemo therapy is going to drive me nuts.I keep thinking how many more years do I want to live with this. The constant tingling of my fingers and feet and toes is unbearable at times. I think I should've stopped the damn chemo long ago, or maybe I shouldn't have even went for it. It is nuts, it is crazy making. I don't know what to do to make it all go away. To feel normal again feels so far away. I hate answering people who ask "how are you feeling?" or say "you look great!" A split second behind that question or statement is my thought of "I am in pain from this stinkin nueropathy!!!"If I can experience a miracle I would be forever grateful.I go to bed each night exhausted from dealing with the pain, and I wake up to it.Cancer you are an asshole! I will never take on chemo therapy again.

5 comments:

  1. Trish, so sorry to hear what you have to go through... ~ If it's any comfort at all, I for some reason have been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy and cannot stop my feet from twitching! They say it is NOT restless leg syndrome and I've had a brain MRI, nerve tests, etc. and they still don't know why this is happening or causing it. It's driving me nuts, but I am not going to complain now, knowing what you have to go through. Be strong... Thinking of you.
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for relief for you, Trish. Don't give up. . . please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish! I'm so sorry. You're amazing! You never complain! Spending time with you, a person would never know how much pain you're dealing with. You have a great ability to put your pain aside to be there for others.
    I'm sorry you have this stupid neuropathy! Cancer is indeed STUPID, but YOU are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish, I know what your pain is, I don't have cancer, but I have fibromalgia and nueropathy in my hand and feet. It is constant pain, and I'm not big on taking pain pills. There is not a day that doesn't go by that something doesn't hurt. No one can imagine what it's like unless they have been there. Everyday I just ask, let me feel better. I can't remember the last time I felt normal. It's hard to sleep at night and hard to function during the day. I truly hope your pain ends soon. Bless you friend.♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trish,
    There is some evidence that vitamin E may help women who develop peripheral neuropathy from the platinum-based medicine cisplatin (Platinol). Glutamine may help reduce some of the signs and symptoms of neuropathy from taxane medicines. Supplements like acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR) may also be helpful A number of other medicines are currently under study to determine if they help relieve neuropathy.

    I can relate to this so much and must tell you that it will eventually go away. After my mastectomy, when I would drink liquid it always felt like it was going into a whole under my arm pit. I swear to GOD I thought the surgeon had done something to my stomach during surgery. Anyway, of course this wasn't the case. The bottom line is that I had severe nerve damage that just made it feel that way. After 2 years of physical therapy it eventually went away. There is still at times a tingling in that area.

    As for you my dear... you are a FIGHTER and that's what we all LOVE and ADORE about you. Keep FIGHTING it SISTER. The more we fight the more we can cure this BULLSHIT!

    Love and Hugs,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete