Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Friday, September 30, 2016

Another birthday and all it's thoughts

After saying Happy Birthday to Jeff, who shares the same birthday as me (exact day! and year!), and he saying it back to Me upon waking, I woke up today and said to myself "how in the hell did I get to this age?"...And then I thought even more about it, as I stumbled into the bathroom and looked in the mirror and stared at my face. If I was going to face another birthday I may as well look good, so I immediately showered, and did my hair, applied a little make up and started thinking...I know what I did in these years to get here today....I married twice, I had over 12 Radio jobs, I made so many dear friends, I laid my Mom and my Dad to rest, I traveled Europe, the USA, bought myself a Condo near the beach, I started my voice over career, bought a few cars, had some very lows in life and some very highs, and I survived cancer not once but twice. Oh yea and I stopped at that thought...I really could not have even been here from those 2 cancers, they were serious and not to be messed with. So I beat those odds and here I was having another birthday and still grumpy about it. As I was finishing up styling my hair, I heard the phone ring from downstairs. Jeff answered it and went out back to the patio and said "Hey Addie, oh thank you, how nice of you to call"...then I knew this is why I am still here today. A phone call from my son to wish Me Happy Birthday. That is why, and then I peek into my office and see a few voice over project orders on the computer , and I think that is why I am here too, and last but not least, I take a peek into my Facebook page, and there were hundreds of well wishers. Some with the nicest words, and some just a pop in wish. My heart was warm and I knew then it's a good day to be alive.So the laughing little girl from many birthdays ago is now a big girl and can realize it's the littlest things that can keep me living and I am grateful for every single one of them and today is a good birthday to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment