Voice Over Girl

Voice Over Girl
Where's the microphone?

Sunday, September 20, 2026

Life is always a book just chapter after chapter

It's been a year since I have blogged. I love writing so I am quite surprised at myself for not writing sooner. It is time, as there is a brand new chapter unfolding. After 7 years the mountain home has been sold. It was sold in 15 days. With a 30 day free rent back the scramble has been beyond stressful. It's been simmering for a few years now. The husband unhappy with the effects of the 4300 foot Sierra mountains altitude affecting his lungs finally took it's toll. He wanted out. My future with some very big decisions were staring me in the eyes.Bringing him back to the condo fulltime as that is my sanctuary, my happy place and definitely and not his, I couldn't bear to have it tainted again. We landed there after our Bay Area Dublin home sold 8 years ago and he was not a happy camper. To be honest, he really hasn't been happy many places. That is his story, not mine. With travels to Lake Wildwood visiting longtime friends, meeting new ones and discovering long lost friends living in these beauitful hills, we have taken the plunge. It's lakefront. Bigger than what we actually need, but we need a reprieve. I need a reprieve, so we jumped in with both feet. Purged a lot, and put into storage just enough to start small sometime down the line. With our vehicles filled to the brim with clothes, shoes, important paperwork and toiletries we have settled in for 9 straight months. Call it crazy. Call it a waste of money, but whatever you want to call it...why the hell not, I ask? As I sit here in front of the keyboard looking out my office window facing a lake with unique homes scattered along the shoreline I am overwhelmed. I paddled on my kayak earlier with my son Adam on his stand up paddle talking as we floated across the gentle ripples. I felt my peace again. A butterfly found me and hovered over me and I knew it was LugNut. My beloved boy who I cherished and felt the safest love ever with. it was LugNut! It was my chunky monkey telling me "Mom I am okay and you made thre right decision" I will forever miss that boy that completed my last chapter. So onto my new chapter. I have profound gratitude for all behind me. I can only thank God for my life today and be okay with looking forward to the uncertainty of tomorrow.I cannot be afraid.I think I can do this. I have to, afterall I am writing the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment